Updated: Mar 28, 2020
During the Malaysia Movement Restriction Order due to the Covid-19 virus, I tried my very best not to go out unnecessarily. This can be challenging sometimes when you want to make something and realised that the ingredients you have is limited. However, sometimes situation like this forced you to be creative and improvise, and you might be surprised with the result !
I think this will goes well to making a seafood stew, which I might make when I have some seafood in my freezer next time!
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
- 200-300g cherry tomatoes, cut them in halves.
- 1 medium size brown onion, peel the skin and cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- generous amount of olive oil, enough to coat everything
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut with scissors into very small pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
1) Put all the ingredients together and mix them well, spread it over your baking pan and roast it in the oven at 130C for 30 mins
2) Once all cooked, remove from the oven and pour the ingredient into a high speed blender or food processor, blend it until it become a paste.
Keep in the fridge for 4-5 days or put it into the freezer.
- for the blending, You might need to add some additional olive oil for a more liquid consistency.
- after blending, I poured some homemade bone broth over it and I also get a bowl of nice hearty soup while cleaning my blender at the same time!
Try it and let me know if you like it too !