Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice
Updated: Feb 24, 2020
An easy weekday night meal that is easy to put together and delicious !
#lowcarbhealthyfats #pastureraisedbacon #glutenfree #paleo #keto #organic #msgfree
Serves : 2
Time : 10 mins preparation , 10 mins cooking
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 6 pieces of pasture-raised, nitrates free bacon , cut into 1 inch size pieces
- 2 free range eggs (swap for other choice of eggs if you are intolerant to chicken eggs, duck egg/ quail eggs may also be a good option)
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 tablespoon of lard * ( or your choice of cooking oil )
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil **
- 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce( tamari) or coconut aminos
1) Over medium heat , pan fry the bacon in lard, stir in cauliflower rice when the bacon is cooked.
2) Add in the kimchi and stir to mix all together.
3) Stir in the soy sauce , stir to mix them well into the fried rice and just before turning off the heat, stir in the spring onions.
4) Turn off the heat, stir in the toasted sesame oil.
5) Scoop everything out into your serving bowl.
6) Wipe the same pan with some clean kitchen towel, or use a separate( maybe smaller) pan, fry the sunny side up in some lard. Make sure the egg white part is fully cooked, I prefer slight runny yolk with this fried rice because it is super delicious when the yolk ooze out and mix into the flavour with the fried rice.
* lard is a heat stable oil and gives amazing flavour, also a good source of Vitamin D too if the pig was free range and pasture raised. Substitute with tallow , olive oil or coconut oil if you do not want to use lard. I would advise against conventional vegetable oil ( soy , canola etc ) and here is why.
** choose toasted sesame oil that was slowly toasted in low heat